Shown here at the GoodGuys Auto Cross in Del Mar, California it now handles better than ever.
The El Camino has the latest in aftermarket equipment including:
• BAER 6p brakes and 13" rotors on all four wheels.
• Hotchkis tubular a-arms and front sway bar.
• A Currie fabricated 9" rearend and Carrera
• Sanderson Shorty headers and a Magnaflow
stainless steel exhaust.
• Energy Suspension motor mounts.
• Quick Fuel Technology Carb.
• bonspeed "MEDUSA" style wheels;
18X8 (front) 18X10 (rear)
BFG 245/40/18 (f) and 295/35/18 (r)
|The El Camino at Hot Rods by Boyd in 1993.|
and updated many times. Even today it is ready for a wheel upgrade and will soon get a new set of bonspeed "VINSPEED" style wheels. The new wheels will be 19X8 and 20X10 for yet another look.
The photo at right shows the El Camino when it was completely rebuilt from the frame up at Hot Rods by Boyd. In case you do not know, Boyd Coddington and Brad Fanshaw (bonspeed owner)
were business partners. The El Camino was placed in the hands of the team at HRBB. It is shown here just two stalls from Eddie Van Halen's- Van Hauler pick-up and Wilt Chamberlin's modified sportscar.